In Pakistan when one government complete 5 years tenure or government parliamentary system is dissolved caretaker government put in place in all provinces of Pakistan including capital territory Islamabad. The caretaker government is for a limited time in Pakistan, in 2018 only for 60 to 90 days. The time is given to the caretaker government to arrange the transparent and fair election and operate until a new government is formed. Caretaker government always has limited power.
Federal caretaker government 2018
- President: Mamnoon Hussain
- Prime minister: Retired judge Nasirul Mulk
- Foreign minister: Abdullah Hussain Haroon & additional charge of Ministries of defense and defense production.
- Interior Minister: Azam Khan
- Finance minister: Shamshad Akhtar
- Law minister: Zafar Ali
Punjab caretaker government 2018
- Chief Minister: Dr. Hassan Askari Rizvi
- minister for excise and taxation: Zia Haider Rizvi
- interior minister: Shaukat Javed
- minister of energy and power: Zafar Mahmood
- Minister of Health: Jawwad Sajid
- Minister of Minral: Anjum Nisar
Sindh caretaker government 2018
- Chief Minister: Fazlur Rehman
- ministry of agriculture, supply and price department, cooperative department, forests, wildlife, livestock, fisheries: Khair Mohammad Junejo
- Minister of irrigation, inter-provincial coordination, public health engineering, rural development, and works and services departments: former IG Mushtaq Ahmed Shah
- Ministry of the environment and climate change, coastal development, information and archives, information science technology, law and parliamentary affairs: Jameel Yusuf
- Ministry of culture, tourism, antiquities, energy, sports and youth affairs: Dr. Junaid Shah.
- The charge of college education, population welfare, primary health, secondary health, social welfare, special education, women development, and universities and boards departments: Dr. Sadia Virk Rizvi
- The charge of minerals, rehabilitation, transport and mass transit departments: Col (retd) Dost Mohammad Chandio
- The charge of human rights, katchi abadis, labour and minority affairs departments: Simon John Daniel.
KPK caretaker government 2018
- Chief Minister: Justice(R) Dost Muhammad Khan
- Ministery of health and population welfare: Akbar Jan Marwat
- Ministry of forest, sports, and tourism: Mohammed Rashid Khan
- Ministry of Education: Educationist Dr. Saira Safdar
- Ministry of the Religious affair: Educationist Dr. Saira Safdar
- Ministry of excise and taxation, revenue, and labor: Muqadas Shah
- Minister of finance, planning, and development, local government, inter-provincial coordination and housing: Abdul Rauf Khan
- Ministry of mines and minerals and technical education: Mohammed Sanaullah Khan
- Minister of information technology and information: Zafar Iqbal Bangash
- Minister of agriculture, livestock, and food: Anwarul Haq
- Minister of energy department and public health engineering: Fazal Elahi.
- Minister of law : Justice retired Asadullah Khan Chamkani.
Balochistan caretaker government 2018
- Chief Minister: Alauddin Marri
- minister for home and tribal affairs: Inayat Kasi Advocate
- minister for finance:Imam Buksh Baloch
- minister for food and labour and manpower: Abdul Salam
- minister for law:Agha Umar Bangulzai, parliamentary affairs, sports and culture
- minister for health and environment:Faiz Kakar
- minister for PHE and coastal development authority: Naveed Kalmati
- minister for social welfare, population, and women development: Farzana Baloch
- minister for local government: Manzoor Hussain
- minister for information technology: Khurram Shahzad
- minister for hajj and religious affairs: Hafiz Khalil Ahmed