List of Landlocked Countries in every continent in the world
What is Landlocked country?
A landlocked country can be defined as countries which have no (Zero km) Coastline and surrounded by land from all sides is known as landlocked country. If a country is surrounded by another country which is also landlocked is called a doubly landlocked country.
The number of countries which are fully landlocked having zero km coastline is 44 in the world, there are 5 additional countries which are partially landlocked, mean having only a few kilometer coastlines. If a country has no coastline it is deemed bad luck country and it has a disadvantage because the country is cut off from the sea trade which has a great effect nowadays in the economy and growth of a country.
Land Locked Countries in Europe
- The Czech Republic,
- Vatican City,
- San Marino,
- The Republic of Macedonia,
Landlocked countries in African
- Burkina Faso,
- The central African Republic,
Landlocked countries in South America
Doubly landlocked country
Partial or Semi Landlocked Countries
- Iraq (the Persian Gulf via Al-Faw Peninsula) 58 km (35 mi)
- Slovenia (Adriatic Servia Koper) 47km (29.mi).
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (Atlantic Ocean) 40kn1 (25 mi)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (the Adriatic Sea via Neum) 26 km (16 mi)
- jordan (Red Sea-Gulf of Aqaba via Aqaba) 26 km (16 mi)
You may also Like Mountains and Hills